Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Year of Photographs

Hello there. Thanks for visiting my blog.

It may be totally obvious, but let me point something out. I haven't posted anything on this blog in almost a year. From what I understand about blogging, that's not a particularly good thing to do if you intend to keep readers coming. What's probably not too obvious, though, is that I've had a fantastic year despite my absence from this pocket of the internet.

You see, my primary job is as a high school art teacher. Not a photographer. My heart is similar to the Grinch, meaning that my heart is big. Big enough to care about two things very much - simultaneously. But because teaching is my primary job, it requires a tremendous amount of time, and that is often time I once used as my 'bloggin' time.

I've had many opportunities to photograph this year, however, and that is what this post is intended to showcase. Be on the lookout for some major announcements in the coming weeks or months, as things are just heating up! For now, please enjoy a selection of photographs that represent a number of occasions I was able to capture so far during 2013.

See you again soon!

 Who knew weeds were so pretty? 
This is shot with a macro lens. 
Total height of blue flower? 1 inch.

This is called foxglove.
It will kill your pets if they eat it,
but it's so dang beautiful.

This is one of those pets I didn't
want to eat foxglove. She's eight.

This two year old would probably
be fine if he ate batteries.
Strange boy, but lovely nonetheless.

Despite a crash landing, this young lady
allowed me to get in close and photograph
her before she took back to flight.

The swallowtails had no issue visiting
our neighborhood this summer.
They came in droves.

Monkeys never get old.
Well, actually they do.
But they're always cute.

Hmmm. I wonder if the cat is jealous of the napping human?

Can you spell S-P-I-R-I-T?

Engagement announcements are always ridiculously adorable.

Oh snap. Scratch that last comment.

Nothing brings the neighborhood
kids together like rocket power!

"One last hug, Mom, before the photographer snaps th...."

This centenarian cottage has seen much in its day...

...along the shores of one of New York's finger lakes.

Nothing says "watch out" like a jetliner
coming straight at you.

Winston-Salem Dash baseball always delights.

Huge power in this vintage John Deere.
Check out those tires during the tractor pull!

Carnies are timeless, but the down
economy will likely put this man
out of business. No takers.

I have commented on the Dixie Classic Fair in previous posts.
It is still my favorite fair of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment